Rex Cross Doe? What Do You Think?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
This is Spice~ she is about 2.5 years old.
I picked her up yesterday (bred to what appeared to be a broken tort, very few spots clustered on lower back, apparent rex cross).
There were very rex-y babies on site (sired by the same buck this doe was bred to on the weekend).
I have nothing invested in her being a Rex, I wanted another doe in case my Flemish cross needs a foster mom, and something we could use for meat mutts :)
But I am curious and trying to learn!~

She weighs maybe 8 lbs.
Pardon pic quality!
spice1.jpg
spice2.jpg
spice4.jpg
I don't *think* her coat seems very rex, except around the eyes ~ she has gorgeous eyes with short thick eyelashes.
Would she be Castor/ chestnut agouti?
spice3.jpg

Thanks!~

She is not Rex coated but rex crosses often have denser fur and fewer guard hairs than rabbits without rex in their family tree :)

Since she is not a Rex her colour is called chestnut rather than castor

In the first picture she looks to have a very racy body type that reminds me of a Belgian hare :shock: or was that a fluke and she is more of a meat brick :mrgreen:

LOL she is a little thicker than she appears in the body shot!
Not a brick but hefty in the back end.
Her front feet are really tiny.
Ya, I'd say the coat is thicker than my other bunnies, for sure, but is still fly back type.

We'll see what we get... I love surprises :p
I'll likely breed her to my Cali buck next time, my FG is too big, which should give us some wild results.

Thanks Dood!

Back