Rescue with flystrike/headtilt. Recovered?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbr

Luvin Buns ❤️
Reaction score
I have a rescued elop that is in a secure fenced yard now that it's warmer out.
Every day when I go out to take care of him I see he is looking so weak and skinny. I thought letting him eat the fresh clover, plaintain and dandelion would help him. Sometimes I would find him in the covered areas we made from half dog houses set in ground with rock so he can't dig holes. Very cool place. 2 weeks ago I was so busy I assumed he was in a hole and I went a ran errands all day after his morning feed and water. Came home late didn't see him.
Got up next morning and determined to look for him I found him. He was in such sad shape and covered in Flys and had flystrike all over him, including his eyes that looked bad. I panicked and grabbed his thin frail body and ran to get a dose of pasturella vaccine and the vetericyn pink eye spray. I sprayed him all over! Gave him a shot of the vaccine. But in my panic I knew he was as good as gone.
I went to bed and didn't sleep. Woke up and he was still alive! I figured it couldn't hurt so I sprayed him again with the pink eye spray! I did this for 3 days! Well... here's the crazy part!
Today he is gained weight, munching on grass and trying to mount 2 other bunnies in the yard! No flystrike to be seen, I did notice there were still unhatched yellow eggs on him however.... I pulled most off..... but ....
How did this work? And what worked?
Btw... his head tilt is almost unnoticeable also.
In the picture he was out eating dewy grass(wet chin).

Attachments

• 20220528_091210.jpg
    20220528_091210.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back