Reading about pellet guns- Crosman 2100?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnetmoth

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-2100-B-ai ... roduct_top

I do appreciate the ideas and reviews of pellet guns- From the Amazon reviews of the Crosman 760, a reviewer suggested this instead. Its a touch more expensive, but sounds more of a sure thing for other critters or any distance shooting...

Does anyone have the Crosman 2100? Amazon says max velocity of 755, but with pump that can be less....
Thanks for any ideas!

I have no experience with this gun, but I do notice a couple of reviews saying it didn't reach maximum power or anything close. The responses to those reviews stated that the cause could be that it had barely enough oil on it right out of the box, and should be oiled before use, and to use "PellGunOil" rather than regular gun oils because it is an airgun.

One of the positive reviews mentioned it taking some muscle to pump it all the way up. I don't know if this is typical of an air gun, because I've fired one only once (and I didn't pump it). My husband is the one who is more familiar with them. But it's something to keep in mind if you don't have a lot of strength in your arms. :)

I was reading the Amazon reviews for the 760, and the one reviewer strongly suggested the 2100-

I think the problem with this gun as with so many other items these days is sometimes quality control isnt what it should be, and some folks get duds....

Will continue to peruse, thanks for the thoughts Miss M!

I imagine you're right about quality control. :? It probably would be good to oil it before trying it out, though, to be on the safe side.

Good luck with your perusing! :)

Latest posts

Back