raw feeding prices?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazza

Reaction score
i know some of you raw feed your dogs on your rabbits, but do any of you sell to raw feeders? since the money for me seems to be in the pelts, i have produced far more meat than my family can eat, and i'm looking for other ways to use it. we do sometimes sell our meat to friends/coworkers but it's maybe a rabbit a month so it's not really a good way to clear the freezer. so i was thinking about raw feeders and snake people.

i typically sell my rabbits for $20 for a 2.5 to 3lb carcass, gutted and cleaned. i know most raw feeders want the guts included, which i can chop off a few dollars for an ungutted carcass. what do you guys sells yours for?

i probably wouldn't be able to provide many fur-on carcasses since like i said my money is in the hides, but maybe the occasional 'boring' or 'ugly' rabbit.

Depends a lot on your local laws. It's illegal to sell privately processed (vs govt processed/inspected) meat and even labelling Not For Human Consumption can still land you in hot water here in BC. I'd check your local laws about it first. So sense losing everything to sell a few carcasses :(

I've been watching this post for months... It it that no one wants to talk about this topic or no one is selling to raw feeders?

Back