Rats or?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thursday we had 18 kits in a nest from 2 does. Today we are missing one...
Should I be worried about rats, or could the does just be cleaning up one that didnt make it?

I did see this hole in the hay.

Attachments

• 20230107_123158.jpg
    20230107_123158.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
If I were in your situation, I would go Rambo on rats right away. Lost too many kits that way, way more than to any other cause.

Since commercial traps are on the weak side I even built the Rat Snap Trap From Hell that even I am scared of, utilizing the spring from a bike luggage rack. It's rare that I get rats, but at the first sign it's full out war, no mercy.

BTW, keep snap traps ouside covered so no birds can get to it, exploded little birds are a sad sight...

If I were in your situation, I would go Rambo on rats right away. Lost too many kits that way, way more than to any other cause.

Since commercial traps are on the weak side I even built the Rat Snap Trap From Hell that even I am scared of, utilizing the spring from a bike luggage rack. It's rare that I get rats, but at the first sign it's full out war, no mercy.

BTW, keep snap traps ouside covered so no birds can get to it, exploded little birds are a sad sight...
Thanks. I just wanted to know *if* this looks like the work of rats.

Latest posts

Back