Rare Breed Suggestion?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Star Rabbitry

Reaction score
I would really like to add a rare breed, or 2 to my rabbitry. Breeds that I am most strongly considering are Creme D'Argents, Blanc de Hotots, Americans, and Beverens. Does anyone on here raise these breeds?

Emily

I vote Beverens or Cremes, too. I love both breeds and would raise them if I could. Blanc de Hotots are also quite eye-catching IMHO. :)

Best of luck,

Lauren

I have both Beverens and Americans. Both breeds are excellent, imo. The fur on the Beverens is to die for...long and thick..and it has a different er..texture, I guess..than other breeds. The blue color in Beveren is simply lovely. They are showable in blue, black, and white. They're trying to get the chocolate color back into the showring, too. (it's a wonderful brown..like looking at a pile of cocoa powder)

The Americans are just wonderful animals. Very sweet and gentle. The does are super mommas. The kits grow fast. Colors for the show ring are blue (gorgeous pure color) and white. The breed also comes in black.

Personality wise...the Americans seem to be laid back and easy to work with, and very friendly. The Beverens are a bit more ... energetic, perhaps. VERY curious about things. Like to go exploring. But again, extremely friendly. Easy to tame down and they get quite attached to their human.

Giant Angoras are nice...but require a lot of grooming. The ones I've seen have had standoffish personalities, but that might just be the strain or the way they're raised. dunno.

See what's in your immediate area. Take your time and check out various rabbits.

LOL Jack! Are you following me? Good to see we both know how to track down the good rabbit talkin' places.

If I was stalking you I would have your phone number and not your moms...LOL
BTW, does my guy get a shot at penny?

That's my number it's just in my mom's name. I hate talking on the phone though, hope you don't mind. Also, I responded to your message on the Thrianta forum!

To the OP, sorry to hijack the thread for a moment. Thriantas are a lot of fun, but I'm not sure they're really on the "rare breed" list anymore? I hear they're quite popular in the lower 48, by most standards. My pick for a rare breed was the Silver Fox. My second choice was the Creme d'Argent, but I don't raise them so I can't help you. Good luck!

Creme's are so pretty. Blanc d Hotot's are, too. One of these days I am going to make a shimmering white twisted rawhide blanket for hubs.

Thanks for all of the comments! I think that I am going to go with Creme d'Argent and Blanc de Hotot. I'm planning on getting 2 Creme bucks and Creme 2 does from Emilee next year at Convention and I am hoping to get a few Blanc de Hotots from Matthew Hinderman also.

Emily

Latest posts

Back