rabbits keep getting pee on themselves

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hacoochie

Reaction score
so i have a couple does, a himalayan and a mini rex, both of which recently have been getting a lot of pee all over their butts and the back of their rear legs. they're both in all-wire cages outside, living separately with several inches between their cages. they used to have a tile for cooling and a wooden hidey house each, but i took those out since i thought they might just be peeing on them and then sitting in it. neither of them seem to have any difficulties moving around and their poops are normal. they eat and drink well. i see them both grooming plenty as usual. but a little over a week ago i noticed my himi has a bit of urine scalding on the back of her hind legs. her skin is a little red and she seems to be losing some fur there. i've been putting neosporin (not plus) on it every day and trying to clean it up, but it doesn't seem to be improving. i'm still relatively new to rabbits so i'm not sure if this is a sign of urinary problems or what to do about it. any advice would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back