Rabbits died suddenly

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toughiemama

Reaction score
I had 5 NZ black rabbits. This past week, 4 were found dead in their cages. Only 1 survived, and she is in an upper cage. Any idea what might have happened?? I have had them outside in that area for the past year with no issues (other than rats stealing my litters), so I’m clueless on why the sudden deaths.

You might ask your local cooperative extension service this question. When I've contacted them they are really helpful. Had some golden colored mold looking stuff on some lodgepole pine I asked about and they spent a tree expert out.
They have folks who deal with that

I had 5 NZ black rabbits. This past week, 4 were found dead in their cages. Only 1 survived, and she is in an upper cage. Any idea what might have happened?? I have had them outside in that area for the past year with no issues (other than rats stealing my litters), so I’m clueless on why the sudden deaths.
I wonder if the rats passed on some of their ubiquitous disease to your rabbits since it sounds like there was some contact. Sorry about your rabbits!!!

Latest posts

Back