Rabbitries Near Kansas City ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10695

Reaction score
I've started doing the improvements on the bunny hutch so, even though I still have my doubts ( disease, varmints etc)
it would be nice to visit someplace that is open to visitors before I actually get rabbits if for no other reason than to make sure I have no allergies.
I'm also considering going to the upcoming ARBA show in Neosho before making a final decision, although it is a bit of a drive.
Anyone near KC ?

I think it would be a good idea to go to the ARBA show you can get an idea of what's in your area, and see if you are allergic to rabbits. What breed are you interested in?

I've started doing the improvements on the bunny hutch so, even though I still have my doubts ( disease, varmints etc)
it would be nice to visit someplace that is open to visitors before I actually get rabbits if for no other reason than to make sure I have no allergies.
I'm also considering going to the upcoming ARBA show in Neosho before making a final decision, although it is a bit of a drive.
Anyone near KC ?
I have lots of allergies. Dogs, cats,and feathers high on list. Yet my rabbits and quail don't seem to bother me. Raising them has brought much joy. Hope you are that lucky.

Silver fox , New Zealand or California. I understand the SF can be less temperamental.
Though it does depend on what is available when I decide to get a pair or trio.
I think that those are all good breeds. I chose New Zealand as one of my breeds. They are solid,lots of colours, funny,sassy,friendly... although some of the does can be grouchy. I take that as a pregnancy sign. Normally, they are all well mannered. All my personally raised 3 month old new zealand rabbits (birth up) come running to me when I call them when they are out free in the yard. Unless they are being super sassy (taking after their Daddy). I bring them to assisted living to visit the seniors (with my rex). They are nice with my friends kids. However, I do handle mine a lot almost daily. I do like to basket train, halter/leash train if they are going out.

I haven't owned Californians in years. I don't remember any issues. I just wanted a choice of colours. Plus.. I fell for CC... so New Zealand it was.

A lot of people like the Silver Fox. They appear very gentle and are pretty. One of the kids I met last year did agility with his SF. It was an agility competition at the fair in Livingston,MT.

Good luck with your search - and have fun!

Silver fox , New Zealand or California. I understand the SF can be less temperamental.
Though it does depend on what is available when I decide to get a pair or trio.

These are amazing breeds I have owned all three of them and love each breed so much:love:. I want to get back into all of them but I am just working on the SilverFoxs first ( I want to do all at once but I just need to do one at a time and then slowly add in the other ones. But it's so HARD!) I love the New Zealand breed because 1. they come in multiple colors. 2. they are supposed to have nice meat and grow fast. 3. there decent-sized ( I like the bigger rabbits) 4. I mean their rabbits who wouldn't want a rabbit? Californias are amazing 1. their meat rabbits so they grow fast. 2. I love their coloring. SilverFoxs 1. I love their silver ticking. 2. they grow fast and big. 3. They are friendly and kind. I Love all of these breeds so much they are all very friendly and sometimes get sassy but it just makes me love these breeds even more. Hope this helps.

Back