Rabbitosis Breeditis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanrose

Reaction score
I am sick. This new Breeditis that has caused me to breed 6 does. Yes six. Let me crunch the numbers.

If they all have 8 that equals 48.. 48 fuzzy bunnies. I have 15-25 already on my waiting list, so that leaves me 20.. I'll grow out the best obviously, probably 8-10. EEK!

Of course I could also end up with none.. First 2 litters due April 5th, one on the 7, 2 the 10th, and 1 the 13th.. I think I need to build some grow out pens!

Ah..it has a name...we are up to 32 as Frankie poppled this am, she had 10 :) I have the grow out pen in the garage, not done yet, her weaned popples are still sharing her cage, with a divider in place...they are going into the dog kennel shortly cuz momma needs space! So, Rabbitosis Breeditis crowdosis maybe? :)

Hey, she has two to three months to build more cages!

No problem at all!

Uh huh. Actually my only hangup is that I'll have to leave BF with them for a week when they're all around 8 weeks of age. 8-10 are coming with me to be sold in the midwest, but the rest will be here till they get into new homes AFTER I get back most likely. I'm thinking if I make Ollitos style tractors, and put them into those, 1 per litter, that should help with the care a lot. And it is only for a week. Worst case, I'll find someone who wants to come and hang out at the beach for a week and feed bunnies in the evening.<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 am __________<br /><br />
PistolPackingMomma":1l6zxu56 said:
Popples galore!!!

(Random, but now I want to name all my future breeders after Bond girls :lol: )

I like it. All my English are characters from Harry Potter - or should that be Hairy Potter... :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I like the Hairy Potter name theme!

I was initially going to get some Creme d'Argents, and had names picked out, like Ice Cream, Creme Fraiche, Whipt Cream...now I might be getting SF, so I'm thinking for the boys I might pick out band names; Led Zepplin, Styx, ACDC...

Many RTers seem to be undergoing this same "problem" lately...wonder if there's something in the water.

Congrats!

I think it might be some sort of virus that comes from the computer and enters our fingertips. :? :lol:

Sounds like you are going to have a full bunny barn! :)

Latest posts

Back