Rabbit pulling water nipple off

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ottoatm

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Nivek watering system that works great overall but I have a question about the nipple that I wanted to ask.
  • My buck has been pulling the nipple very strongly, until he pulls it out of the watering tube altogether. This empties the bucket, and makes a massive puddle on the floor.
  • He has plenty of chew toys, and I vary them by week... not sure how to stop this behavior? He hasn't done it until now.
  • All rabbits are in the KW cages, and have a bit more room than they are said to need for their breed/size (they are all New Zealand Whites).
Short of supergluing the nipple to the hose, any thoughts?

I've had the same issue. I have their bottlemless nivek bucket, so it's downright flood-like when he pulls the nipple off. I super glue them on, and that works better, but they still pull them off once in a while.

I've had the same issue. I have their bottlemless nivek bucket, so it's downright flood-like when he pulls the nipple off. I super glue them on, and that works better, but they still pull them off once in a while.

Back