Rabbit poop cover scent

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any hunters in here ever think of using there rabbits poop as foot wear cover scent?

Nothing is going to be able to totally cover a deer's sense of smell but what about confuse the game a bit. I am thinking of stepping my boots into a bit of rabbit dung by the woods before hunting for small game. In the past I've used skunk spray to partially jam the nose of deer but now for small game I'm thinking of using possibly both? A dot of skunk and a small bag of rabbit poop to step in outside the woods before I walk in.

My option on the skunk is still out they smelt me but not as bad I think but too few deer to know.

This time it's just for small game so the stakes aren't as big. What are the hunters thoughts?

Strictly around rabbit poop not on commercial cover scent or activated carbon/silver clothes. (I am aware how well some of the clothing works)

Thanks!

That would make sense, it's a natural scent cover-up, but If its from a domestic rabbit, would the deer sense the difference in diets? I don't know I don't hunt, I will get my license in the future though!

NewZealands4Lyfe":2mu00lph said:
That would make sense, it's a natural scent cover-up, but If its from a domestic rabbit, would the deer sense the difference in diets? I don't know I don't hunt, I will get my license in the future though!
That's what I was wondering to about the different diet. I might try it next season domestic rabbit probably still is better then just human scent I would think. Thanks and awesome good luck with it!

Back