Rabbit oat fodder setup

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this, Everything is history. A very nice set-up to save money and provide your rabbits with first class natural fodder. This would be useful for poultry as well.

When you have time, could you provide more details about daily routine and troubleshooting, temperatures, watering and so forth?

Yes, I drilled holes on one end & put a piece of wood on the other. I then alternated every other shelf, so the water would gravity feed into the one below it. After watering I put the lids back on to prevent drying out (we are in the high desert).

Thanks for posting this, Everything is history. A very nice set-up to save money and provide your rabbits with first class natural fodder. This would be useful for poultry as well.

When you have time, could you provide more details about daily routine and troubleshooting, temperatures, watering and so forth?
I absolutely will! Folks have asked for a video, so I'll put something together this week and see if I can post it here.

Yes, I drilled holes on one end & put a piece of wood on the other. I then alternated every other shelf, so the water would gravity feed into the one below it. After watering I put the lids back on to prevent drying out (we are in the high desert).

Oh, now I see the wood under them! And the lids make sense with the dry air; I was thinking it would be too little airflow at my place, but with the low humidity there it would be good to have.

Sorry for the delay!
I'll be putting together a video in a few days.
I water the oats twice a day, letting the water gravity feed to the lower bins into a large container at the bottom.
The basement hovers around 60F & the lights are on a 15 hr timer.
Because we are at a higher altitude and in the high desert, I puta second bin over the oats to create a small greenhouse to retain moisture.
I change out the water at the bottom of the shelves every week. That water goes to my compost pile, so very little is wasted.
Any other questions?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back