Rabbit Doe won’t let the buck breed her.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audrey0001

Reaction score
Hello,
My rabbit doe and buck have had 2 litters together so far. I gave them the summer off then tried breeding them around sept. 17th. Everything looked good, but my doe wasn't letting the buck breed her. I tried again 3 days later - nothing. I even switched their cages and tried again after a few more days. He tried his best but didn’t have any fall offs. I just tried again today - about a month later - and same story. I heard about lifting her up but the buck wouldn’t come to her with me holding her. I’m not sure what to do, any advise?

Hello,
My rabbit doe and buck have had 2 litters together so far. I gave them the summer off then tried breeding them around sept. 17th. Everything looked good, but my doe wasn't letting the buck breed her. I tried again 3 days later - nothing. I even switched their cages and tried again after a few more days. He tried his best but didn’t have any fall offs. I just tried again today - about a month later - and same story. I heard about lifting her up but the buck wouldn’t come to her with me holding her. I’m not sure what to do, any advise?
There’s a bunch of threads of here about receptivity. I had the same issue. Buck managed one fall off and somehow she had 8 babies. Lol!
Anyway, I’d use the search bar and search of key words. I remember reading giving them ACV can help, a specific tea, some herbs, etc.

Back