Question for those using Kintraks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberator

Reaction score
I'm really confused with the whole "Identification" section and the pdf user manual that I downloaded is vague enough to keep me confused. What is "Prefix" and "Suffix" used for? What is the difference between the "Name" [in red] and "Call Name"? Where do I put the ear number and the common name I have designated? Ear tag: SA22, Common Name: Anna for example. The manual is as clear as my diesel oil after 5K miles! :x Thank you for your help!

Call name is just whatever you call the bun, at least that is how I interpreted it. For example I have a bun named "Straight Arrow Ajax" and I call him "Dollar" (I got a speeding ticket on the way to pick him up so hubby says he is "High Dollar").

Prefix and suffix is used for things such as PR which stands for Purple Ribbon. It is used in Coonhounds to designate dogs who have 6 generations of pedigree. For example you would have PR White River Bud. With PR being prefix and White River Bud being the dogs name. I use a custom field for Tattoos.

Prefix is the rabbitry name (where the rabbit was born, not where it is living) so you would have a rabbit from Butter Rabbitry named Shrimp. The pedigree would read Butter's Shrimp. If you had a rabbit with a stupid name you can give it a call name, for example I have a rabbit named Betty Jo but her call name is Bee. You don't change names on the pedigree.
Hope that helps!

alforddm":hcnqd2oq said:
Call name is just whatever you call the bun, at least that is how I interpreted it. For example I have a bun named "Straight Arrow Ajax" and I call him "Dollar" (I got a speeding ticket on the way to pick him up so hubby says he is "High Dollar").

Prefix and suffix is used for things such as PR which stands for Purple Ribbon. It is used in Coonhounds to designate dogs who have 6 generations of pedigree. For example you would have PR White River Bud. With PR being prefix and White River Bud being the dogs name. I use a custom field for Tattoos.

Thank you. Where does the Ear Number "SA22" go? I'm obviously missing something when it comes to naming rabbits for official records! :komp_cr:

Where does the Ear Number "SA22"
I have a custom field for that. Go to "settings" Then click the "custom fields" tab. Just enter the names for the fields you want. I have mine like 1)Ear # 2)Legs 3) weight just for example but you can add anything you want.

Ahh dangerbunny beat me to it.

dangerbunny":1bfmbzkt said:
Under the "Custom Fields" portion of the box (to the right hand side)

Got it. I will add it in. <br /><br /> -- Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 pm -- <br /><br />
alforddm":1bfmbzkt said:
Where does the Ear Number "SA22"
I have a custom field for that. Go to "settings" Then click the "custom fields" tab. Just enter the names for the fields you want. I have mine like 1)Ear # 2)Legs 3) weight just for example but you can add anything you want.

Ahh dangerbunny beat me to it.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back