Pretty excited she took:) (kit pics)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousgurl63

Reaction score
I've had a post up on here about my doe starting to nest early and wondering if she actually took the second time I bred her. Well today when I was out checking on all the rabbits. I decided to go see my mocha and see how she is doing since today marks the 27th day. She is still building her nest even though she started on day 13 so her box in nice and full of hay. I opened her cage to fix her hay from being all over and she decided that she wanted me to pet her so I did. Well when I was petting her I decided to pet her side and I ended up feeling a kit kick me. Very exciting experience since I've never felt it before. So I don't really have to wonder if she is pregnant or not. All I'm worried about now is if she will take care of them and actually pull fur to keep them warm. If not I'm going to have to take care of them and I'm not so good at taken care of baby rabbits. I bred another doe a day after I bred mocha but for some reason I don't think she took but we will see.

preciousgurl63":dee8k3uu said:
... She is still building her nest even though she started on day 13 so her box in nice and full of hay.

... Well when I was petting her I decided to pet her side and I ended up feeling a kit kick me. Very exciting experience since I've never felt it before. ...
Congratulations on Mocha! Wow, 14 days of construction? That must be quite the condo she's building. :clap:

Thanks. Really excited since this will be my first litter since I've had rabbits. I will try to post a picture of her box and how full it is tomorrow. If Im lucky I might even post some kits :)

Congrats on her being pregnant! I have 1 that is a day behind yours. I am not sure if she is pregnant or not but hope she is.

Thanks. Well I went out to check if there was any kits but that would be a no. She is though still taken hay in her box and now starting to pull some fur. There is not much fur in there but I think she stopped because she heard me coming. So hopefully I will have some kits later on today or maybe early tomorrow. Just hope she pulls enough fur though because its kind of cold out and its trying to snow. Don't need no frozen babies. Well I said I was going to try to post some pictures of her nest. Well here they are. I have 2 I took yesterday and 2 I took today of how full her nest is getting without any kits lol. Also I have a picture of her. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 am __________ <br /><br /> Her little hole she has for the kits is under all that in the corner. It's like she built them a little igloo fort or something lol.

Attachments

• nest1.jpg
    nest1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 334
  • nest2.jpg
    nest2.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 334
  • nest3.jpg
    nest3.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 334
  • nest4.jpg
    nest4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 334
  • mocha.jpg
    mocha.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 334
Yes definitely. I just can imagine how snuggly its going to be once she gets all the fur pull and fixed how she wants it

Congrats :)

I noticed a hinge on your box. So one can check the kits without
bothering mom, I am thinking.
Is it possible to get a full view of the nest box ?

Thanks. And yes I can go take some pictures of the full box and post them so you can check them out.

TwoAcreDream":3e52xlt5 said:
Congrats :)

I noticed a hinge on your box. So one can check the kits without
bothering mom, I am thinking.
Is it possible to get a full view of the nest box ?

Here are some pictures. The box is hooked to the cage with some nuts/bolts.

Homer":3e52xlt5 said:
A-hum, we expect to see kits in those pictures. :p
Tell Mocha to get with it for us. ;)

Well I went out yesterday to have a talk with mocha and told her I really would like to see her kits so can she please hurry up and have them already. Then I went out today to check and she listen to me. She had them. I didn't really get a count of how many since it a bit cold out right now but I will be checking that later on today. From the look of it though it seem to me that she has 6 maybe 7. I didn't get any good pictures either because I didn't want them getting to cold. But here is the one I did get.

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 285
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 285
  • babybunnies.jpg
    babybunnies.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 285
Thanks. I hope so too. Well got a count of how many she had and its 7. I think thats pretty good for her first litter. I just really hope they all make it and hope she knows to go feed them. Seems good so far. Fingers crossed. Here is more pics.

Attachments

• babybunnies2.jpg
    babybunnies2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 280
  • babybunnies1.jpg
    babybunnies1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 280
  • nest.jpg
    nest.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 280
Just keep an eye on how fat they look. i.e. plump she's feeding them. sunken tummies would indicate she isn't. Sometimes it takes a day or even two before the Doe's milk comes in.

Ok thanks. I will definitely be checking because that is my fear that she isn't going to feed them.

The babies seem to be doing well and look to be getting feed. I went out this morning to check to see if they still was alive and doing well. I lifted the door to the box and mocha surprised me again with pulling more fur. So she has pulled fur when she had them then more later that night then last night pull some more. So all 7 should be nice and warm. Will try to post some pics of them and her nest. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:00 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here is a pic of all them. They are all starting to get their fur. Really hope they all make it. Their all so cute. I believe their all black torts and then one lonely solid black one.

Attachments

• Babies.jpg
    Babies.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 103
Yes they are. Went out today and mom is doing a great job at taking care of them all. I noticed though that it looks like one of the kits is a different color other than black and black torts. I will try to post a pic of it later on. I'm sure someone on here can tell me. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:46 pm __________ <br /><br /> Here is the kit. What color do you guys think?

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 88
Back