Pregnant napping rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWYD? Today is day 34. I have seen multiple little bloody spots in her pen. She looks somewhat thinner. How long should I wait to rebreed her? This was either her first litter or her first litter in a long while. I also have a couple of little kits from another litter (or two) and could give her a few foster babies. I want her to have some good purebred babies and be a successful doe.

WWYD? Today is day 34. I have seen multiple little bloody spots in her pen. She looks somewhat thinner. How long should I wait to rebreed her? This was either her first litter or her first litter in a long while. I also have a couple of little kits from another litter (or two) and could give her a few foster babies. I want her to have some good purebred babies and be a successful doe.
So did she have any?

I see she's in a pretty big pen full of straw... Could she possibly have hidden a litter somewhere in her pen? Rabbits can be incredibly good at disguising their nests. We had a little mini rex that built a nest under the platform in her cage and packed it so full of shavings that we didn't know the nest was there for several days.

If you see blood, she's probably had the kits. Either they're hidden, or she or something else ate them, or they crawled away, which they will do if she did not make a nest bowl to contain them.

You can keep an eye on her to see if she starts/continues lactating.

I see she's in a pretty big pen full of straw... Could she possibly have hidden a litter somewhere in her pen? Rabbits can be incredibly good at disguising their nests. We had a little mini rex that built a nest under the platform in her cage and packed it so full of shavings that we didn't know the nest was there for several days.

If you see blood, she's probably had the kits. Either they're hidden, or she or something else ate them, or they crawled away, which they will do if she did not make a nest bowl to contain them.

You can keep an eye on her to see if she starts/continues lactating.
I can dig around and see. I have tried to keep a close eye on her. She had dug in one spot, but there were no babies there. I was hoping she would use the tote, and there was a bit of blood in there.

I found a dead kit misskng a back leg. It looked long, but not deformed. I guess it was just not a good first kindlingm i will rebreed her tomorrow and try again in a month.
Ah, too bad. A long stretched kit frequently means it was hard for the doe to deliver. That could be because it was her first labor, or because it was already dead.
Great time of year to try again! I just got my first round of breeding for the year done. :)

Ah, too bad. A long stretched kit frequently means it was hard for the doe to deliver. That could be because it was her first labor, or because it was already dead.
Great time of year to try again! I just got my first round of breeding for the year done. :)
I think I may keep her on a bit of a diet in case she has some internal fat too. I was giving her sunflower seeds and oats skmetimes when the other girls nextdoor got some.

She has been bred with my white flemish giant and hoepfully that ends happily.

Latest posts

Back