Polish Rabbits in fur shows?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMae

Reaction score
I have a show buck that has a beautiful broken lilac coat. There is a fur show at the show I'm going to. Can I/should I enter my polish buck? Thanks in Advance.

I have a show buck that has a beautiful broken lilac coat. There is a fur show at the show I'm going to. Can I/should I enter my polish buck? Thanks in Advance.
All breeds can be entered in their respective Breed Fur class.
Polish have commercial type fur, so your buck could also be entered in the Commercial Fur class.

Fur classes are divided into Colored (which refers to any rabbit with color other than white on the usable parts of the pelt, including broken) and White (which means white on all the usable parts of the pelt, i.e. pointed whites are included).

If your show offers premiums (awards) for fur, winnings in those classes will pay premiums. However, Fur classes do not count toward Grand Champion legs. Many people enter rabbits in Fur to gain a greater understanding of fur quality separate from the rabbit's overall type, and/or for bragging rights. :)

Last edited:
All breeds can be entered in their respective Breed Fur class.
Polish have commercial type fur, so your buck could also be entered in the Commercial Fur class.

Fur classes are divided into Colored (which refers to any rabbit with color other than white on the usable parts of the pelt, including broken) and White (which means white on all the usable parts of the pelt, i.e. pointed whites are included).

If your show offers premiums (awards) for fur, winnings in those classes will pay premiums. However, Fur classes do not count toward Grand Champion legs. Many people enter rabbits in Fur to gain a greater understanding of fur quality separate from the rabbit's overall type, and/or for bragging rights. :)
Thanks for the response! Reading the catalogue for the show I'm going to, I didn't see any mention of these classes and the sign up sheet only says "Fur A, Fur B, Fur C" as it is a triple show. do I just pick one?

Latest posts

Back