Pictures of your rabbit cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proper2

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I would be interested to see how your setup is looking like wether it is small or bigger rabbitry
Any pics would be great
Thank you in advance ;)

I'm in the process of updating my website with instructions on how we built these but here's the finished product. It holds two cage row - 10' long with 5 cages in each row.

hutch3.jpg

My rabbitry no longer looks quite like this. I have 3 more canopies now, the chickens have been banished, and the hutches are butted up against the end of the barn with an 8x10 metal shed at the opposite end for storage of nest boxes, extra dishes, bottles, etc. We also added a sink with a drain to the outside. At least that is what it was before all of the sickness out there. Everything is in the process of being moved over about 15' and one of the canopies has been left in place as a quarantine, temporarily. Oh, and there is a row of cages down the middle. It's a starting point and once it is fully back up and running efficiently, I will post more pics.

101_0472.jpg

101_0357-1.jpg

101_0162.jpg

101_0356.jpg

Nice setup, pfaubush! Once we get moved (much warmer climate), I might consider your canopy idea rather than an enclosed barn.

I like the canopies. They have screened windows on the sides that you can roll up or down (held with velcro), they let in light, and you can get them at Costco for $199 (I got 6 on CL for $395...woot). Just make sure they are staked down really, really well or you will have them all over the place (only happened once here, but the rabbits weren't real happy).

Oh, and the fact that it looks like Barnum & Baily set up shop in front of my house.

They are all very nicely done,
and they look so clean!
I rake out my rabbitry at least once a week if not more often.
I will post a few pictures.
DSCF0796.jpg

DSCF0783.jpg

Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Woooow! Nice setup Pfaubush!

Here's my tiny set-up...hehe.
It looks a bit different now. I have three more cages in there, and I now have access to the other half of the shed, so that's where all the "extras" are kept. :) Makes me happy! Now I have LOTS more room for more stackers! :D Gonna be adding 4 Dwarf holes in the beginning of Feb! :D

RabbitryBunniesPosed006.jpg

Emily

Those metal cages must really hurt the bunnies feet and they don't look to have much room. Do you guys have rabbit runs? This is my set up for 3 bunnies, 2 different ways I've had their shed set up. :)

DSCF5100.jpg

DSCF4085.jpg

This is their run:
DSCF6946.jpg

DSCF5099.jpg

The cage standards are different in the UK then they are here in the US. We don't have nationwide laws that require minimum sizes.
You have to remember that we are breeders, so we need a lot of cages for our rabbits. They have plenty of room, and really the wire isn't bad at all. ;) Many breeders put EZ mats down, or pieces of drywall/sheetrock, or cardboard.

Emily

BlueCamasRabbitry":omvb4woz said:
The cage standards are different in the UK then they are here in the US. We don't have nationwide laws that require minimum sizes.
You have to remember that we are breeders, so we need a lot of cages for our rabbits. They have plenty of room, and really the wire isn't bad at all. ;) Many breeders put EZ mats down, or pieces of drywall/sheetrock, or cardboard.

Emily

hmm if I was a breeder, I wouldn't have so many if I didn't have room for big enough cages. I guess it depends on the country though like you said, just a shame really that they can't run around.

Emma, NEVER EVER visit a chicken farm.....

Meat rabbits are there for efficient and humane meat, pets are pets, and breeders are breeders, while the cages may not be up to your idea, I could take offense to your placing the rabbit run so close to dangerous plants (some of the flowers are deadly in your pic)

Just cause rabbits don't run the place doesn't mean they aren't loved, by some for supper, others for pelts and others as pets, but thats why this forum is so great, we all learn here.

Emma, BTW this is in the MEAT RABBITS forum, so most of the setups you see are for meat production.

hmm if I was a breeder, I wouldn't have so many if I didn't have room for big enough cages. I guess it depends on the country though like you said, just a shame really that they can't run around. [Emma]

Emma,
It is actually safer and more sanitary to have your rabbits housed on Floor-wire.
It is NOT the best to have your rabbit running on a solid floor where they are
in constant contact with they're own excrement.
I understand that you are a pet person and actually have no idea of
the ins and outs of raising rabbits for Show or Meat purposes.
What may appear to you to be bad is actually a better scenario
when it comes to raising healthy rabbits for Show meat or pets.
I take offence at your statement, but I realize that you have
no understanding and were talking off the top of your head.
Farmers who raise the Meat to place on your table that feeds you
get the same type of feedback. This simply because most people
do not understand where their food comes from.
They think that it mysteriously appears in the supermarket
neatly wrapped in plastic and Styrofoam.
I forgive you for your rude comment.
I hope you can forgive me for being so offended.
I knew it was a mistake to put up any pictures of my Rabbitry.

I have to say, that this is actually one of the reasons I love rabbits. There is a huge variety of things we can do with our rabbits, and for the most part they come out ok. Some people have pets, and it is ok for those petsa to have lots of room. With breeders (esp meat) there is just not enough time in the day to play with each one, and they really don't NEED a huge amount of room, it has been shown for years ands years and years that they do just fine in cages, and there are benefits, just as there are benefits to other methods of rabbit raising.

ottersatin":3jn7rg1q said:
I knew it was a mistake to put up any pictures of my Rabbitry.

Hey now, I appreciated it. It looks very effecient. I used to worry about them in hutches with wire floors, now I wouldn't have a wood floor for anything--no way to sanitize, eeww. Rabbits pee A LOT. Trying to get the pee out of plywood changes your feelings on that. I'd rather lay down card board they can choose to lay on and throw it out when it is gross. Oddly enough, they tend to ignore the cardboard most of the time.

I like how pretty Emma's outdoor run is, but it would be too easy for rabbits to escape from on my uneven ground. My kids would sure love to play with them in there though. I may have to make a permanent run with wire extending into the ground or something. If we don't have room for a trampoline or a swimming pool, I can at least give them bunnies to play with. :D

Actually, here Emma, this is where your chicken comes from
factoryfarming9_thumb.jpg

factoryfarming1_thumb.jpg

Here is one of the definite manuals on rabbitries
http://www.suagcenter.com/News%20Archiv ... Manual.pdf

Please educate yourself before you come here and condemn someone who doesn't do something like you.
In Europe and Brittan Rabbits for meat are often grown out in 'feedlots' which is much the same method of MEAT production as used with chickens, cows (BEEF) and swine (PORK)

I just hate PETA/EGO Tree huggers

I can understand a person who takes the time to learn and disagrees, but blabbing sound bites doesn't help anybody

The poisonous plants are on the other side of the run. The grass is hard and can't be dug up. :) Anyone who uses cages like that are classed as cruel in this county. Sorry but I don't want to be a part of this forum when people treat animals the way they do. I am against chickens breeding unless they are free range. This forum isn't right for me...

I didn't know this was a meat forum, my rabbits aren't used for meat but if they were I certainly wouldn't give them such a sad short life. :(

Back