Pedigree question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundrr

Reaction score
i've seen the topic talked about on other forums ... but i just need clarification here... i have a buck.. he is pedigreed... i have a doe.. she is NOT pedigreed... they made a baby...

all are purebred... how does the new pedigree start .. does it start with the mother that isnt pedigreed? or does it start with the baby that they made?

am i making any sense at all? lol

a pedigree always starts with a single animal, or, if planning a breeding, or selling a litter, the 'litter' Think of a pedigree as a <. the point is the newest member of the family tree, while the two ends are the parents. Your kit , since his sire has a pedigree, has the 'top half' of a full pedigree. Plenty of branches on Daddys side, none on Mom's.

Pedigree: Just post any information that you have.
As your breeding continues you will eventually develop a full pedigree
within three generations of your own breeding's.

-----------------------Sires info. Grand sires info. G G Sires Info

Kits information.

------------------------Dames info. Grand Dames Info G G Dames info

Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

New pedigree is the mother?? so, you can pedigree a baby of a baby of her baby (3rd gen)

I'm just going to repeat the same thing everyone else said, just word it different maybe?

The buck's side will fill up just fine.
On the doe's half, just put in her information. If you can get her parents' information, that's great, and that fills up the pedigree just that much more. Just because she doesn't have a pedigree doesn't mean that you can't put her family in if you can find out who they were.

Again, if you can't find hers, just put in her name, weight, color, etc.

i think thats what i wanted to know... when im filling in the pedigree information... im picturing the right side of the pedigree paper... can i start with this new kits parents? meaning put in pedigreed dads name and non pedigreed moms name???

or... does it start with this new kit.. meaning i can only put in his name and who i breed him to???

i know that i wont have fully pedigreed kits for 3 generations.. but when looking at that 3rd generation on the right side of the pedigree is what im wondering... can the non pedigreed doe be listed or does it start with my new kit?

Latest posts

Back