Pedigree program

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElmcrestRabbitry

Reaction score
Hey guys! im new here. I have just started breeding mini lops and wondering what pedigree program is easy to use and i can design my own pedigree? I have a learning disability so anything easy would be great!
Thankyou :)

Welcome to RabbitTalk! :welome: To me, easy translates very much to free and kintraks is a free Pedigree program as long as you don't go above a certain amount of rabbits (can't remember what number that is but I haven't hit it yet). I honestly can't remember if there was a learning curve to it or not but its not difficult for me to add rabbits on pedigree now plus they have YouTube vids that help out. Good luck finding what's right for you.

I use "Rabbit Register" by Evans software.

ElmcrestRabbitry":1h1cuolb said:
i can design my own pedigree?

The program I use allows for your own color scheme, and you can add or subtract info such as litter sizes, show info, pictures of animals listed on the pedigree, etc. There are probably lots of other options I failed to mention as well.

ElmcrestRabbitry":1h1cuolb said:
I have a learning disability so anything easy would be great!

I can't really speak for the ease of use- it takes me a long time to learn how to navigate around computer programs. :oops: But even with my limited skills, I find the program to be very useful, and it offers so much more than just generating pedigrees. :)

You can take a "Guided Tour" on their website to see if it would work for you:

http://evans-software.com/ <br /><br /> -- Fri May 23, 2014 7:57 am -- <br /><br /> OH! And :hi: to RabbitTalk, Elmcrest! :D

Wish there was a way to pull over the kintraks stuff to Evans. I liked the trial of Evans but couldn't pull myself together the money for it.

Same for me Mystang89. I am hoping that my daughter will get me it for my birthday/Christmas present this year (Evans).

I use Kintraks, very easy to use and if you have windows vista or an older operating system there is no limit on the amount of rabbits you can enter.

Welcome to RT!

I use the online GlobalPedigree.com, I like how if anyone else has entered rabbits that are in your rabbit's pedigree, that info will show up without you doing anything. Some of my Americans have 12+ generations available! I also like how you can check in and update/view things with any internet connection, on any computer. I haven't played around with the pedigree printing function at all, I must admit - I am fine with the basic template. Too busy to try to tweak it... matter of fact, I don't even know if you can tweak it. Not free, but pretty cheap.

www.ephiny.net has a decent (free) pedigree creator which, for lack of anything better, I am currently using. The only thing that I'm not really keen on is that almost anybody can get on and see the pedigrees without you knowing. (You have to request access from the creator of the website.) But that also means that if someone else has already created a profile for one of the rabbits in the pedigree you're making, the info is already in there. It makes it quicker (although I had to make profiles for all the rabbits in my pedigrees, which really takes forever).

I've been looking too and downloaded demos of Evans and ZooEasy. So far, ZooEasy has been the easiest to manuever.

Latest posts

Back