Pedigree help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
I took one glance at Kintraks and closed it out and never went back. Just...nnnooo thank you. Too confusing. Must easier for me to understand if I just make my own template and fill it out. So that's what I did...made a template.

Question 1:
Does it look right? Anything else I'm supposed to have on here?

Question 2:
Do I need to have all ancestors weights for a rabbit to be pedigreed? Some of the rabbits I've bought as pedigreed in the past didn't have weighs on some ancestors, and there's missing weights on my original angora trio too, so...obviously I can't fill it out fully.

Question 3:
Does my phone number and/or address have to be listed? My dad's a ball of paranoia and would flip out at me if he found out I put that info out there to float around.

Question 4:
I see on my pedigrees that rabbitry names are on them. Do you have to be registered with ARBA to have a rabbitry name? My mom and I had decided on Woodland Warren a few years ago, but never actually got into showing or selling pedigreed buns. She wound up using the name for her online shop instead..

Question 5:
Prefix...again, do I have to be registered to have one? It'd probably just be a simple Ny's.

-- Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:59 pm --

hmm...I'm all kinds of lost and scrambled. :lol:

Question 6:
Do the dam or sire require prefix at all? Because I just realized, there are no prefix on my original trio, just Ear#, gender, and birthdate.

Attachments

• Pedigree-WIP.jpg
    Pedigree-WIP.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 311
That looks fantastic, Nyctra. :)

Nyctra":1r2jbejm said:
Does it look right?

Yes.

Do I need to have all ancestors weights for a rabbit to be pedigreed?

Not pedigreed, only for registration purposes.

Does my phone number and/or address have to be listed?

I don't think so- but it has been standard on all of the pedigrees I have seen.

My dad's a ball of paranoia and would flip out at me if he found out I put that info out there to float around.

Understandable, but most people don't post that freely on the internet, so it should theoretically be info shared only with the buyer- and whoever they sell the rabbit to afterwards. Maybe you could set up an email account and/or website for the buns and list that as contact info instead?

Do you have to be registered with ARBA to have a rabbitry name?

Nope.

Prefix...again, do I have to be registered to have one? It'd probably just be a simple Ny's.

You can use a prefix or not, it is totally up to you. But I would suggest using WW so it ties into Woodland Warren- unless when you show rabbits you go by the pseudonym of Nyctra.

Do the dam or sire require prefix at all?

Nope.

Latest posts

Back