pedigree generator

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
Since I am breeding rabbits now for more than just food, I started looking at pedigree generators. Wow, seems to be a costly issue. I have heard about free online programs and inexpensive online programs, but have heard not so good things about them.
Then something hit me, my little brother was building web sites when he was 15 years old, using only html. He has designed programs for former employers, and he just loves fooling with programming.
So I paid him a visit today, he is designing a new pedigree program for me. It looks like it will be rather simple to use. By the time I had been sitting with him for about half hour, he had the basics done.

He started out making a program that you had to use with Excel. But we talked about a stand alone program. Now he is working on that. Between his kids, his full time job, and other projects, he will be working on this project for me.

If anyone has any suggestions about what features make a pedigree generator good or bad, please let me know. I will be glad to see if he can or cannot add or change a feature.
Once he has a program initially done, I will beta test it, and have a friend of mine beta test it.
So, please, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

And so it begins...you, my friend, are a goner.

(No suggestions, but would love to take a look at it- I am a decent "breaker")

Ah, ok, thanks. I've been known to break software too, but literally by tossing a CDrom across the room.

I paid the $75 for a "lifetime" subscription to Global pedigree.
http://www.globalpedigree.com
I haven't regretted it for a minute.
It not only keeps all my herd,
it tracks all breedings, kindlings, weaning, re-breeding, sales, genotypes,you name it.
I had kintraks. I lost ALL my data :(
Jeremy, the creator of Global pedigree is very responsive. There's a forum where you can ask questions and get help.
There are over 42,000 rabbits in the database so you may be able to see the pedigrees and genotypes of some of your rabbits ancestors.
If you enter the email address of someone who buys a rabbit from you, they get an email inviting them to join with a free one-month subscription.
I highly recommend it.

caroline":2hute16x said:
I paid the $75 for a "lifetime" subscription to Global pedigree.
http://www.globalpedigree.com
I haven't regretted it for a minute.
It not only keeps all my herd,
it tracks all breedings, kindlings, weaning, re-breeding, sales, genotypes,you name it.
I had kintraks. I lost ALL my data :(
Jeremy, the creator of Global pedigree is very responsive. There's a forum where you can ask questions and get help.
There are over 42,000 rabbits in the database so you may be able to see the pedigrees and genotypes of some of your rabbits ancestors.
If you enter the email address of someone who buys a rabbit from you, they get an email inviting them to join with a free one-month subscription.
I highly recommend it.

I like it... I might purchase a subscription.
What does everyone use for keeping track of expenses and such?

Latest posts

Back