Papers...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
Hi!
So I've been raising a mixed breed of Dutch for about a year now. I finally got my first pair of papered Holland lops and bred them a month ago. My doe didn't lift, so no shocker there wasn't babies this week. Anyway, I plan to rebreed in a couple weeks but I had a few questions since babies will be coming... this is my first time dealing with papers since my Dutch are mixed breed. I have complete pedigrees from both the sire and dam going back to their G.G. So in the babies should I include the G.G.? Or just go back to the Grandfather. Is there a rule to this? And where are some good paper outlines I can fill in for the kits?

Also my mom was wondering if you have to be registered somewhere to sell papered rabbits....I told her I didn't think so, but would check with you guys to see. :)

Gotta love Holland lops!
You don't need to be registered anywhere to sell papered rabbits. Their pedigree should include itself, parents, grandparents, and great grandparents. For the pedigree outline you can download a software, or make it yourself. I made my own pedigree outlines, and I think it turned out pretty cool!

Kintraks has a free program you can use, or you can make a written template. http://www.kintraks.com/index.htm, many people also use Evans rabbit program.

Basically a pedigree is a record of that rabbit's relatives, so you include all relevant information (legs, GC numbers and status, registration number, color, weight) most breeders do a 3 generation (parents, grand parents and great grand parents) but I have some that go back further.

dangerbunny":3ida562c said:
Kintraks has a free program you can use, or you can make a written template. http://www.kintraks.com/index.htm, many people also use Evans rabbit program.

Ok, so I can't use Kintraks cause I have windows 8. So any other recommended sites?

dangerbunny":3ida562c said:
or you can make a written template.

Written template? :) How?

Easy Ears":2ycmcpcz said:
Ok, so I can't use Kintraks cause I have windows 8. So any other recommended sites?

Sure you can, you just have to pay for it when you get over a certain amount of rabbits.

Versions for Windows, Mac and Linux

Program requirements - Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX 10.0 onwards, Modern Linux distros
Minimum Pentium II processor or equivalent, 64mb RAM <br /><br /> -- Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:21 pm -- <br /><br /> But if you'd rather not buy it...
i uploaded one for you, and this below

https://www.southernstates.com/docs/pet ... digree.pdf

Attachments

• Blank Pedigree.ods
    8.9 KB · Views: 55
Thank you so much Sky!!! :p <br /><br /> -- Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 pm -- <br /><br /> Oh, and is there a standard way you have to have it, like does it have to be written? Or can it be typed? And does it have to have ALL contact info like address and phone. Is email good enough? And it only has to have your contact info right? Not the original owners etc. :oops: Can you basically make it how you want it, or is there a standard?

Use the guide, write in the info with a pen.
As far as contact info, just your info and only the info you want given out.

I second that.

I have some that are typed, and some that are written in, and received both from breeders. As long as it's accurate and legible.

Easy Ears":333i9146 said:

dangerbunny":333i9146 said:

I have windows 8 and use Kintraks , I can confirm it works .... and works well.

Also rather than hand writing pedigree's , I send via email or use a printer to generate a paper copy.

Hand writing pedigree's is .... ugh.

Ramjet":cip1pr9g said:
Easy Ears":cip1pr9g said:

dangerbunny":cip1pr9g said:

I have windows 8 and use Kintraks , I can confirm it works .... and works well.

Also rather than hand writing pedigree's , I send via email or use a printer to generate a paper copy.

I have a stack of blank pedigree forms distributed by ADM. I have issued several with rabbits.
So, what is wrong with them?
Is the quality of the rabbit diminished by handwriting a pedigree?

DBA":echlvj9p said:
Ramjet":echlvj9p said:

I have a stack of blank pedigree forms distributed by ADM. I have issued several with rabbits.
So, what is wrong with them?
Is the quality of the rabbit diminished by handwriting a pedigree?

Not at all ... I just hate hand writing the peds , it can be so tedious (especially without a template) .... and mine are always sloppy cause my handwriting looks worse than a kindergarteners chickenscratch.... and with Kintraks I can just generate the ped , save the image and print a copy or send it via email for the buyer to download to his files or print himself.

Nothing against those of you who do it by hand , my way is not the only way to skin a cat .... This is just ezmode (for me).

Latest posts

Back