Pampers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfoot_158

Reaction score
Is there something I can get to wick pee away from babies in the winter time? Like pampers or adult diapers. Just thinking out loud here.

The doe would likely chew them, so I wouldn't.

I like to put a handful of pine pellets in the nest hollow underneath the hay or shavings. They are very absorbent and economical as well.

Depending on the time of year, I buy either horse stall pellets or wood stove pellets. Here in California we have such strict air quality control that the stove pellets are just plain wood- I don't know if in other regions of the country some type of accelerant may be used, so do make sure no substance has been added to them.

Get a bail of bedding shavings from the feed store. Put a couple hands full in and throw straw on top of it. Pee will run right through the straw and be soaked up by the shavings. Like MSD said, horse pellets works to but shavings are cheaper around here.

aspen-shavings-300x295.jpg

TSC carries two kinds- fine and flake. I use the flake to avoid some dust from the fine.

Latest posts

Back