Outdoor enclosure

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dar88

Reaction score
I have my rabbits in pens currently but would like to move them into a colony style which I had at first but they kept burrowing out so my question is can a full grown New Zealand fit through chain link I was thinking of either putting that or pavers and then a truckload of dirt on top of that with my fence right up against it so they couldn't burrow out. Would that work or what would be my best option?

Depends on the size of your full grown new zealand’s. Ours definitely couldn’t fit through but they have really reached their full adult weights after 8 months. My fear would be more of what else can fit through a chain link fence to get into your rabbits or what can simply climb it. We have had no problems over the last four and a half years with any predators and the second i let my guard down this last summer I lost a whole flock of chickens that only had netting on top of the fencing to a little coop we had set up for them. My larger flock that is in the larger coop and run that I have covered every inch with hardware cloth went untouched and are still safe to this day! So If your going to do a chain link fence consider the predators!

Our last backyard was fenced with 'horse wire' which is about two inches wide and four inches high. Adult rabbits couldn't get thru it, but some young ones were found next door when they went through the wire.

I have my rabbits in pens currently but would like to move them into a colony style which I had at first but they kept burrowing out so my question is can a full grown New Zealand fit through chain link I was thinking of either putting that or pavers and then a truckload of dirt on top of that with my fence right up against it so they couldn't burrow out. Would that work or what would be my best option?
Hey, did you get it figured out? I think it would be good to know what you have decided to do and how.

Latest posts

Back