ORPHANED KIT.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackrabbit

Reaction score
I had one of my standard Rex Does kindle on the wire this morning.:( She had had a previous liter of 3 dead kits. She had a Chin kit this time who was cold and not moving:( I brought him in and put him in a nest box with lots of fur and a heat plate 8 inches above! He appears to be doing okay. I fed him goat milk about an hour ago. Anything you guys recommend to keep the little one alive? TIA

Why can't the doe feed? It might be worth a try by putting the nestbox in with her and shove her nose into the nest to show it to her. I use heating beds under the nestbox (ca.3-5W, the bottom of the box is made from 2cm thick boards).

Anyway, about feeding newborns:
https://rabbittalk.com/threads/updated-hand-feeding-formula.27372/

First of all THANKS I appreciate it!!! And the first liter was born alive, she stomped on them and killed them, therefore I’m not taking any chances :)

UPDATE
She had 7 this morning! 6 BIG LIVE KITS IN THE NEST!!! And I cold chilled kit on the wire. :( I gave her her other baby back and all seems to be going well! Fingers crossed:)

You don't have to give the Kit to the Doe to feed it. You can hold her upside down (Holding her legs and under her elbows) and put the kit on top of her

Back