Opinion on number of coverings

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikku

Reaction score
So, my doe, Calli is being temperamental. She had been a total sweetheart since she first got pregnant. I took that to mean she was getting hormonal again. Her kits are six weeks old and it is about the time I wanted to breed her anyway. I figure she can get a couple weeks of quiet between litters with this spacing. The problem being, my buck covered her successfully only once, then she got cranky with him. I waited a few hours and she again wouldn't let him cover her. It is now a day later and she refused him again today. He was being all lovely and trying to groom her before mounting and she would just tuck her tail and grumble. She didn't attack him or anything. Just grumbled and growled and ran away or tucked her tail.
My question is...what would you do? Would you wait and try to breed her again or just count the days and put in the nest box?
These are meat standard rex bunnies. Not that it changes anything, lol.

Once can be a successful cover, two is better, three even more so, but still no guarantee.

I've had does produce large litters without me seeing even one good cover, and miss after three...so..:shrug:

I usually just let the does decide.

Latest posts

Back