OneAcreFarm :D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerriG

Reaction score
I think I need some more info on your set-up. I went to your site, but I specifically want info about your slant boards and gutters. It is along the lines of the plan I have been mulling around.

I think I could do some kind of screening or gutter guard to separate the berries from the urine and then have some kind of a separator in the bucket too. I saw a site where they used a 1/4 cup of veg oil that formed a layer over the urine to help keep the smell down.

I plan to just mod my current cages to include slant boards instead of trays.

I also like your hay racks. Did you make them? They are similar to the ones I made.

Terri,

Sorry to be so long responding. We made frames from pvc, covered them with PolyWall sheets and hung them from the back of the cages with S Hooks. The gutters are just plastic gutters screwed to a lumber frame, with a slant to direct the urine into the bucket. The berries don't really roll down the gutter, you will need to push those down toward the bucket manually. Also, some berries bounce off the slant board and have to be swept up. I rinse board and gutters and empty the buckets daily. You may need to do it more often, depending how many rabbits are using it.

OAF

__________ Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 am __________

And yes, we made the hay racks from the leftover wire that resulted from cutting the door holes...:)

Latest posts

Back