One Gorgeous Kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell for sure the sex yet? I think it will be a spoiled little bunny ha, darling.
Nope, he's only one week lol
No matter his gender though I want to keep him
If he's a Buck I could show him and maybe breed him back to his mother, and if he's a Doe I'll try to show him while he doesn't have a dewlap and then breed him to his grandpa (A Siamese Smoke Pearl)

If he's a Buck I could show him and maybe breed him back to his mother, and if he's a Doe I'll try to show h

If he's a Buck I could show him and maybe breed him back to his mother, and if he's a Doe I'll try to show him while he doesn't have a dewlap and then breed him to his grandpa (A Siamese Smoke Pearl)
OK instead of me searching back tell me again the breeding rules for my meat rabbits. I can breed a daughter to the father but not the mother to her son I thought? But you say you could breed this little guy to his mother so I'm all confused. What are the rules for meats? I'm sure show has it's own rules but I'm far far away from even thinking about that. Just the basics here.

OK instead of me searching back tell me again the breeding rules for my meat rabbits. I can breed a daughter to the father but not the mother to her son I thought? But you say you could breed this little guy to his mother so I'm all confused. What are the rules for meats? I'm sure show has it's own rules but I'm far far away from even thinking about that. Just the basics here.
I don't really know about breeding rules in meat rabbits
I'm pretty sure I haven't bred a mother to a son before (The one time he only got one fall-off and he can't breed anyway) but I would assume it wouldn't be much different that father to daughter

In meat or show rabbits is is perfectly ok to breed father to daughter or mother and son, half siblings are ok too. It is called line breeding and is done to accentuate good genes (and will also show up bad genes especially if siblings are bred together). But often done and .for meat rabbits inbreeding is fine. Research done has shown it takes many many continuous inbreeding for mental or things like blindness, etc to show up. That is how top breeders refine their herd and how the different breeds were developed. If a sire has great weight and desirable type and you see the same in his daughter, putting them together helps develop those characteristics. If both partners have something like weak shoulders or loin, putting them together will accentuate those traits too. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back