Oh dear...thumping going on upstairs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
SOMEONE is unhappy. I suppose I'd better go find out what's going on, eh? I tell ya what...between the roosters crowing in the basement, and the rabbits thumping on the floor upstairs, it's loony bin time here! :x<br /><br />__________ Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm __________<br /><br />Attention K-Mart shoppers! We're running a bluelight special today on rabbit kits. In the American White section we are offering 7 newborns. Since the doe make her nest OUTSIDE of the nestbox provided, these kits will be gone FAST! :lol:

ah yes. Lovely. I go to all the trouble of making a really NICE nextbox and what does she do? moves the box out of the corner and piles up a ton of hay and fur on the floor! :roll:

Fortunately, it's in a secure corner. After she settles down a bit again (she was MOST unhappy at my interference) I'll put down a solid wall on the open side so they can't crawl out and get cold. She's jealously defending the nest from the other 2 does..well, from BeeBee. Dora (blue beveren) is just laying there with Gladiola (the new mom) offering support. (Dora was bred the day after Glads, but I don't think she's pregnant...just lazy...'cuz she never lifted for Thorbunny and he didn't show any signs of "success", so to speak)

So that's another one down. She delivered 9 kits (that I could find), 1 was obviously not quite ready to hatch and was DOA, another looked like it had gotten stepped on and was quite flat, but probably born alive. So...7 :)

and THAT was what the thumping was about. Gladiola warning off BeeBee...or maybe BeeBee getting huffy...but it's usually Glads that does the thumping in that group. :D

hmmm. I probably need to put another waterer in there. Somewhere closer to the nest so Glads doesn't have to leave them. She is, of course, on the OPPOSITE CORNER from the water. <sigh>

funny my doe is nest building again and the nest box she was sooo happy to have last time was unacceptable this time. I tore up a nest in the potty corner twice and shoved it in the nestbox. She would immeadiately move it back, finally I shoved the nest box into the potty corner...she tried to look behind it for her nest...then she looked on the other side....then I SWEAR she tried to look under it!! Finally she bowed to my superior stubbornness and built the nest in the box. I will move the box after she kindles, so that I can see in, the potty corner is of course the furthest from the door, which I am betting is what she wants.

Latest posts

Back