odd breeding behavior... what does it mean? (NEW NEWS)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So I got a doe a few months back and today was her breeding day. I place the buck and the doe together, one fall off, everything's good. He mounts, she raises, and right as he falls off she tries to nip him but runs into my hand and nips me. I give them a break and try again. Every time he falls off, she tries to bite him. I moved all of them inside due to heat and decide to try one last breed just to see what she does. She takes, he falls off, no biting but alot of noises. I go to take her to her cage and she bites me.
She was nothing but a sweetheart to me for the months that I've had her. Is there a chance that he's hurting her? Why is she so angry after breeding?

I second what M4G said. I have one doe that if the buck does not mount her, she will chase after them--mounting them repeatedly till they get the idea. :lol:

I bred her again and this time she took without the biting or snorting. In fact, she tired the buck out so whatever hormonal imballance was there fixed itself and I didn't accidentally get a mean doe <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:26 pm __________ <br /><br /> found out why she was acting weird...just found 4 kits in the way back of her little house only a few days old and not from any of my bucks. Apparently I got sold a pregnant rabbit lol

golden rabbitry":6uz0knvw said:
I bred her again and this time she took without the biting or snorting. In fact, she tired the buck out so whatever hormonal imballance was there fixed itself and I didn't accidentally get a mean doe

__________ Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:26 pm __________

found out why she was acting weird...just found 4 kits in the way back of her little house only a few days old and not from any of my bucks. Apparently I got sold a pregnant rabbit lol

New does are always (always) pregnant until proven otherwise here. 31 days with a nestbox in quarentine. Doesn't matter who sells me the bun. I hate losing kits :evil:

I've never had this happen but the doe was a train wreck when I got her. She had gotten pregnant while still nursing then lost the second litter and they decided to sell her a week later and only told me after I paid.... But this litter is very healthy, just don't know the father

Latest posts

Back