Now THIS is a receptive doe....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when do you find the best time to check? In the morning before you place her in the bucks cage? or after the first cover?

tnelsonfla":1tk8fl52 said:
when do you find the best time to check? In the morning before you place her in the bucks cage? or after the first cover?

I check before I put her in...no point trying if she isn't going to be receptive.

OneAcreFarm":24ouydzh said:
I check before I put her in...no point trying if she isn't going to be receptive.

How do you plan due date then? and is it more difficult to have two does due same time frame?

tnelsonfla":2czv372z said:
OneAcreFarm":2czv372z said:

How do you plan due date then? and is it more difficult to have two does due same time frame?

Not sure I am following you.....

Before I breed, I check them. If they look ready, I breed them and due date is 31 days later. If they don't look ready, I wait to breed them till they DO look ready. It is actually BETTER to have more than one doe due at the same time, that way you can foster if you have any issues.

OneAcreFarm":1vymdpoj said:
Not sure I am following you..

Sorry, guess I should PM you but this might help others.
Yes I try to plan 2 or more does due in the same time. But my question is: basically do you find it hard if you only have 2 or 3 does to bred and find them ready at the same time? and how long do the does stay ready like this??

tnelsonfla":13ickmsz said:
OneAcreFarm":13ickmsz said:
Not sure I am following you..

Sorry, guess I should PM you but this might help others.
Yes I try to plan 2 or more does due in the same time. But my question is: basically do you find it hard if you only have 2 or 3 does to bred and find them ready at the same time? and how long do the does stay ready like this??

Ah, ok....well, this is the *optimum* color....you could still likely breed them as long as they are not white/lt pink. If they are caged near each other, they will usually be ready near the same time. I find they fluctuate along a 4-7 day timespan, so if a doe is not ready, I check again in a day or two. The only time I absolutely wait to see the dark purple is on a first time breeding.

Ok great, awesome stuff. I had girls out this morning and I should have looked. Anyway I planned on my next breeding to be after the Oct. 13th show coming up. I will use this method, thanks!

Latest posts

Back