Nothing is selling any advice?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So I sell pet rabbits and i had a large litter 4 months ago. for some reason i just can't sell the last baby. I cant sell to petstores and I won't cull him. He has his own cage but i want to get rid of him. I also need to sell my older does (pedigreed doe and mix doe). I have ads posted on Cl, hoobly, and facebook

These kind of situations can be really frustrating. I know because I have been there. There is a couple things you could try, such as lowering the price. I wouldn't recommend this, but when you get desperate enough and you have spent a lot of money on feed, it is just nice to get your money back at least. I am curious, what type of rabbit is this? And how much are you selling it for now? If it isn't too much of a loss, I might recommend doing a a free rabbit giveaway. Everyone who wants to enter has to follow your page-if you don't have a Facebook page I would highly recommend that you get one. And then you choose a winner from those who followed your page. Then try to build up hype on your page for the other rabbits you are selling, like posting on rabbit seller groups, rabbits memes, etc.

I hope this helped a little bit!

Wow, where I live Holland Lops seem to sell well. That is strange you can't sell it, although the market does vary by area.... :/ It may work to list the mixed breed ones as pets if you think their temperament it sweet enough.

The problem is since pet stores no longer can sell small animals the costumers have no idea where to find rabbits and we don't know how to find them

The best advice I can give is if you don't have a social media presence-especially Facebook-there is very few other ways to get your name out there. Are you connected with any rabbits groups in your area? If you are, you should really take advantage of them and post at least once a week.
One other option you have is spreading your business by word of mouth by getting your friends to recommend you. :)

Leave your flyer up ... you never know when someone will see and call (sometimes from the bulletin board). I just got a call a couple hours ago, because the people saw my flyer and want laying hens. I sold a goat last month under the exact same conditions.

I should probably make up a new one, now that I have business cards to put with it.

I'm from South Africa, so your situation may very well be different, but you could at least look it up. When I have kits that won't sell I take them to petting zoos/touch farms. They don't pay me for them but they're usually happy to take them on and it gives the kits a home, and I don't have to cull. They at least get a chance, in my opinion. I've gone to a few, and not all care for the rabbits humanely, so do some looking around before you give kits to them. I like to go back and visit them later, too, to check how they're getting on.

Otherwise, join online groups and forums, keep your online presence strong, and post flyers. If you can't sell to a pet shop, maybe a pet shop could at least recommend you to buyers looking for rabbits when they're out of stock.

FaceBook doesn't allow sales of animals on it's site and lately they've been cracking down on it. If you're relying on a FB ad for sales, it may not be getting out there.

Craig's List isn't keen on sales of pets, but livestock is okay. Not sure what other online options there are?

Lately people around here arn't even searching for rabbits. Only 14 viewed my ad on hoobly in the past couple weeks.

I raise Rex and Mini Rex my prices: Mini Rex, Unproven doe 40$, unproven buck 40$, proven doe 60$, proven buck 40$. Rex, unproven doe 40$, unproven buck 40$, proven doe 80$, proven buck 40$. All are pedigreed. Pets are 25$ fryers are 5$-30$. I live in Watsonville Ca and know a lady who lives 10 mins away she usually takes all the ones that I don’t sell for 5$-10$ each.😁

We have 26 New Zealand rabbits that we have tried to sell at show's, farmers markets, FB and even a rabbit rescue site. Males $20, females $30. No takers. We have gotten so desperate that we contacted a culler in South Bend, IN. Unfortunately, due to the gas to get there and back, we would break even (we live between Chicago & Rockford).

Any one know of a culler in the Chicagoland area?

I’m following someone who is posting their bunnies on tiktok

(Almost?) Every Rural King buys rabbits for $10 a pop. You just need to have a DoB on them and sign a statement that they're over 8 weeks old. They will also mail you the check for the full amount so biggest downside is having to wait for corporate to process that if you can't wait to get it.

If you can't go that route or $10 is just not enough for you. You can contact various reptile groups on FB or raw dog food groups for your area. Sell them by the # as pet food.

Also ask people what is popular in your area for local internet want ads. In my area it is craigslist above all else.

So I sell pet rabbits and i had a large litter 4 months ago. for some reason i just can't sell the last baby. I cant sell to petstores and I won't cull him. He has his own cage but i want to get rid of him. I also need to sell my older does (pedigreed doe and mix doe). I have ads posted on Cl, hoobly, and facebook
I have 13 half grown rabbits people kept saying they wanted and dropping out, sometimes contacting me twice or more times, pretty frustrating,

I tried rural king in Niles, but they're full atm, I've sold Flemish giants to them before

Craigslist and hoobly are the only other 2 places I know of, I actually found this forum looking for another sell site

Post fliers at the petstore and local stores/libraries? Maybe have a photo you the pet rabbit you wish to sell as a pet?

Back