Not to sure which way to go

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to add another breed to my rabbitry .. but each time I do that .. I notice they are not as good as a meat rabbit as my other ones and I end putting them in the freezer as well.. What I am looking for .. good meat to bone ratio with out eating allot per pound of meat ... I know of lots of breeders.. just to make up my mind is hard.. there is a American chinchilla.. they are good . but eat allot for there size.. no way will I do Flemish .. I have some rabbits now that has some of him in there... not keeping any .. Just waiting on my rabbit wringer to come in and lots of them are going.. but I want to add another line. I have some cals.. but I know of a few really good breeders for cals.. I guess my best bet is a cal buck over nz does... but I get tired of seeing the same colors all the time.. Plus they are most all white .. I want to keep some of the pelts to make a big rug... so I like to get some kind of color in there.. any suggestions. remember , I don't want a rabbit that eats lots .

How about Satins? Mine eat a lot compared to the Rex, but they also grow really fast, whereas the Rex are slow. They are also a bit larger.

I don't think you can really get away from fast growers eating a lot- that meat has to come from somewhere, after all! I haven't compared how much the adult Rex and Satins eat according to their adult weight, so don't know if there is truly a difference in feed consumption once they reach maturity.

Back