Not taking well to automatic water

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't get my rabbits to drink from nipples.

I found these bowls - first plastic but now these marvelous metal ones - click here to see -
IMG_20220627_151858631_HDR.jpg

They can be installed on tubing, buckets or random containers. They even sell fittings to use them with PVC pipe. I have mine installed on 1/2 to 1 gallon containers. I'm thinking of putting in an automatic system using them and a 5 gallon bucket/hose set-up.

I don't know if the price will go up, but right now the metal ones are the same price I paid for the plastic ones. They arrived the other day and they are fantastic! I'm buying more in case they stop carrying them.

Seems they drink a lot more water with a bowl than a bottle or nipple. In 100F weather, that's a good thing.

Last edited:
I couldn't get my rabbits to drink from nipples.

I found these bowls - first plastic but now these marvelous metal ones -
View attachment 30264

They can be installed on tubing, buckets or random containers. I have mine installed on 1/4-1/2 gallon containers. I'm thinking of putting in an automatic system using them and a 5 gallon bucket/hose set-up.

I don't know if the price will go up, but right now the metal ones are the same price I paid for the plastic ones. They arrived the other day and they are fantastic! I'm buying more in case they stop carrying them.

Seems they drink a lot more water with a bowl than a bottle or nipple. In 100F weather, that's a good thing.
Where did you buy them?

I read somewhere that you could put something on the nipples that the rabbits like and then they learn to drink from them. I can’t find what it was.

When my rabbits drink, a little water is spilled. I guess if you had many rabbits in each cage, it could accumulate. My hutch has no trays, just earth below it.

Latest posts

Back