Not Pregnant?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Well, Dough was due to kindle today. She hasn't (thus the point I of why I am writing :) ). I'm just wondering if she is pregnant at all.
She has been using her nesting box as a bathroom area (a thing she didn't do last time). She also did not pick up on her feed as she did last time. I thought the lack of the last was due to the hot weather, but the nesting box thing was what had me thinking. Is that a sign she isn't going to have buns? I know about waiting til 36 days, but last time she kindled right at 31.
This is a big bummer. One reason was because I have a younger brother who had a birthday today and he was looking forward to having his "own" rabbit. Also I had thought up some really good July 4th type names! :(
Anyway, does that nesting box thing mean anything?

Nope. The holland started nesting ten days before she was due, so I gave her the box. She scratched everything out and poo'd it all up. Finally the day before she was due, she made a proper box. Then two days after she was due she had one kit, albeit dead.

Does don't always kindle with a pattern. Scream has kindled on day 34, 30, and 33. She emptied the nest box, scratching out everything, right up until she kindled. Can you feel kits moving? At this point you should be able to, though that is not always the case.

No, I can't feel anything. Though Dough does not like to be messed with at all. I didn't want to stress her out so I didn't try too hard. The last time I didn't feel anything either. I'll try to take a look tomorrow.
Guess I might just have to wait till Saturday to find out. I am not a very patient person though! :D
Thanks

Heritage Homestead":25n81kiw said:
I am not a very patient person though! :D
Thanks

I know how you feel, that's why mine are handled frequently. I'm too impatient to wait 31 days to find out it was a miss. I usually just slide my hand under them, and stroke their heads. Most don't mind me putting my hand their, and actually rest on my hand.

I got Dough when she was 8 months old. The lady who had her before didn't pet or pamper her very much. I have been working with her (and I have the battle scars to prove it!) and she is getting better. Hopefully I won't get hurt too bad when I try to check tomorrow!
At least waiting 31 days isn't as bad as waiting 5 MONTHS for the baby lambs. Then iif one got missed you have to wait till next year! We had one this year that we thought got missed. We were very thankful when she had a cute little boy! She just hid it very well.

__________ Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 pm __________

I felt for babies this morning and didn't feel anything. Guess I'll have to play the wait game. :x

Yeah I am in a similar boat. My doe is on day 30, my wife is a nervous wreck. She is off work tomorrow and will probably camp out in front on cage. So I was kinda hoping she would kindle today. :shock:

tnelsonfla":oihvyj2r said:
My doe is on day 30, my wife is a nervous wreck. She is off work tomorrow and will probably camp out in front on cage.

Tom,

I visited your website and it is very nice. :)

Now I'm wondering if your wife had ulterior motives when she encouraged you to get back into rabbits... :hmm:

Back