NO MOJO???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zee

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'm raising Florida whites. When I took my doe to my junior buck's cage for breeding, he just laid there and watched the doe. She roamed around the cage, ate his left over food, and he didn't move one inch! He is 11 months old, and he has all of his "equipment." What's the problem? He has never been bred before. What could I do to "Motivate" him to do the deed?

Sometimes watching a breeding happening in the next cage will do the trick. Sometimes an eager doe will take the lead and the shy buck will get the idea. It is important that the doe is simply eager rather than too dominant. You don't want him to feel intimidated.

I've had of one buck that just would not breed or get excited. Even caged him next to another buck to help rev him up...nothin. Ended up having to cull him because.after several months of trying, it wasn't worth it. I'd try what's as been suggested, but you aren't the only one that has had a buck with a lack of mojo!

Everyone has touched on the buck being disinterested .... Maybe its because the doe isn't mature or receptive.

My lone buck will go crazy with a mature / receptive doe but just flat out ignores immature does.

Point being , maybe the buck isn't the problem ....

You may have just gotten lucky that time. Most people find that they are more likely to breed when they have good color. :)

I did just get a new buck going by putting a buck in the cage next to him, letting him sniff around for a few minutes, and then putting a doe in there (who didn't belong in the cage... I'd removed the usual occupant so we didn't have territory disputes). He wasn't successful, but he gave a good show.

It didn't seem like the new buck was paying attention, but when I put the doe in with him, he got busy! :) It took him a while to get it right, but now I have two bred does. :p

Latest posts

Back