Next round!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tonight my NZR was finally in the mood! The buck covered her five times in about ten minutes--I guess I named him well calling him Trooper! Re-bred my other doe tonight also, the one with 10 day old kits. Her current litter is all spoken for and the babies from the NZR will go to my sister. I'm thinking of keeping a male and a female from the NZR breeding to continue my meat mutts. Let's hope the NZR has more than 6!! She's toned up, lost a lot of weight, and when she sits you can see under her belly--a big difference from a month ago when she had rolls!!

I can't wait to see what my self black and the red produce--rabbits, I know.

Now I have to make my second cage LOL

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Breed more rabbits.
Build more cages.
Bring more rabbits home.
Build more cages.

Get a second job in order to feed the rabbits.

Realize that you can now afford to build more cages. :twisted:

Ha ha!! Yep!! That's the cycle!!

I think after I go through the two rolls I have left I may just order new cages because I can't find the 14g wire anywhere around me, unless I cannabilize cages off craigslist and that add$ up. Although I do like having the ability to build cages to my specifications.

According to ARBA there is a the Cavy Show at Berea Fairgrounds in April (which is a 6 minute drive for me) so I'll load up ArticWolfLady and go check it out. AWL thought we should join ARBA and show Trooper but he's got a patch of about six white hairs on him that I think DQ's him (unless I pluck them and that would be cheating).

I can't believe how much being a mom has changed Lexi's personality for the better!! And Fiona is much calmer after being bred last night!! I could somewhat handle Fiona in her cage this morning! Wow.

We're looking forward to our NZR/MR crosses in 28 days!!

Thats good to hear. Hope you have some kits in about a month. Make sure you post picture

Isn't all just so much fun! :D It really gives one a sense of accomplishment to say I built these cages and bred these rabbits all myself. I hope you have many more popples in your future. :bunnyhop:

Latest posts

Back