New Zealand color crossing rules

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockyhillrabbits

Reaction score
I have recently bought a trio of non pedigreed white NZ. I also have 2 junior blue NZ does and their full brother. They do have a pedigree. I found a senior blue NZ buck, pedigreed that I could breed to the blue does but since it will be a while before they are ready to breed, can I breed the blue buck to a white doe? Is that considered color-correct or should blue only be bred to blue and black?

Blue can breed to white- there’s nothing wrong with that. (Depending on the doe’s hidden color), you should at least get blues and whites in that litter.
Thank you for the quick response. I do believe the whites only have white in their background.

Thank you for the quick response. I do believe the whites only have white in their background.
REWs (red eyed whites) actually have a base color- but the rew gene hides the color and the appearance is white. rewxrew will always produce rew, but rew x a different color can reveal what color the white is carrying.

Latest posts

Back