New to the forum and new to rabbit!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoMoreMetaphors

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Murphy, and I'd been wanting to try rabbit for years, since I started following a meat rabbit farmer on Tumblr. While living on Long Island (I moved this week) I finally found a local farm that sold rabbits a couple weeks ago, and finally got to try it, and I love it!

I actually just finished cooking up my first batch of rabbit jerky, which I'm super duper proud of, and none of my friends are particularly into "exotic" meat, so I decided to join this forum in order to make some friends that enjoy eating and cooking rabbit.

Hope all is well, and I can't wait to get to know everyone!

welcome Murphy. What recipe did you use to make your jerky?
I sort of combined a recipe for pineapple turkey jerky with my own attempts at marinades, because tbe turkey jerky recipe was by the people who made my toaster oven/dehydrator, so it's basically:

1. Make marinade
2. Thinly slice rabbit
3. Marinate thinly sliced rabbit pieces in a bowl of the marinade in the fridge from 1 to 8 hours
4. Transfer meat to baking pan attachment for toaster oven after having drained it of marinade and patted it dry
5. Turn toaster oven to Dehydrate at 160F for four hours, no need to preheat.
6. Stick meat in and wait for four hours
7. Take meat out of toaster over, set it on a plate.
8. Pat it dry again, as well as the pan, while preheating toaster oven to 270F in its Bake menu.
9. Once the oven is up to temp, return the meat to the baking pan and out it in the oven for ten minutes, or until the outside is charred enough for your liking.
10. Let cool completely before storing.

I think 10min in the oven at the end is too much, it's an inheritance from the turkey recipe, so next time, I'm going to try cutting that time in half I think.

Latest posts

Back