New puzzle with red rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bred a big red doe with a rew buck. Buck is 100% Flemish giant woth everything except Fawn in his 3 generation pedigree: black, white, light grey, steel, sandy...

I have no idea what it sin this doe. She is 75% NZ and 25% Flemish. Her last litter was one kit, a chestnut with a light grey Flemish Giant buck.

REW buck's last litter with a sable is 5 rew, probably 3 sables and a sable chinchilla. I think he may carry a dilute gene but not sure about this...

This time the red doe and rew buck had 5 surviving kits. One is light colored (I imagine REW ) but what do red or orange kits look like at birth? Also are a few black kits and at least one chestnut. I watched her eat one large light colored kit and found a tiny dead kit in the nest box. Attached are some pics but it is getting dark and she always seems to have babies at dusk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230309-182553_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309-182553_Photos.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230309-182455_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230309-182455_Photos.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230309_175331.mp4
    2.6 MB
I bred a big red doe with a rew buck. Buck is 100% Flemish giant woth everything except Fawn in his 3 generation pedigree: black, white, light grey, steel, sandy...

I have no idea what it sin this doe. She is 75% NZ and 25% Flemish. Her last litter was one kit, a chestnut with a light grey Flemish Giant buck.

REW buck's last litter with a sable is 5 rew, probably 3 sables and a sable chinchilla. I think he may carry a dilute gene but not sure about this...

This time the red doe and rew buck had 5 surviving kits. One is light colored (I imagine REW ) but what do red or orange kits look like at birth? Also are a few black kits and at least one chestnut. I watched her eat one large light colored kit and found a tiny dead kit in the nest box. Attached are some pics but it is getting dark and she always seems to have babies at dusk.
Reds look pink at birth. I cannot tell the difference between red and REW (or himi or sable point) until they're at least a day or two old or more; then the reds start having a tint to them while the REWs of course start getting a sheen of white.

Latest posts

Back