new moma rabbits has soft poo with dirty bottom

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthangels

Reaction score
I have a doe that has been nursing 6 babies and they have been fine. I noticed that the moma bunny has been using the bowl I feed her in to poo. I thought this is weird she is potty trainning to go in the bowl. I turned her over and look at her bottom and she was really nasty with soft poo all over her bottom. I got a small bucket and warm soapy water and washed her off. She is cleaner now but I was afraid if I disturbed her too much she would care for her babies. Does anyone have any suggestions what might be going on. What do you think if I give her a few oats to make help her soft poo. I don't want her babies to get all the nasty germs. The baby bunnies will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.

Thanks
Sue
tx

I had the same problem & they told me to give her rolled oats (quaker oats is fine) for a few days. No greens or pellets. LOTS of hay & all the oats she can eat. It helped my little girl almost overnight.<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm __________<br /><br />I would say I gave it to her for about 4 days.

hormones can cause digestive systems to run amuck. I would give lots of hay and keep her cleaning. mucking about with her shouldn't cause her to ignore her kits.

Back