New member from South Africa

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brigitte.coombes

Reaction score
Hi, I have just brought 2 California rabbits. I want to raise healthy, happy meat rabbits and I am still working it all out. I am building them a 15 meter rabbit colony. It is outside in the garden, under banana trees. They will have lots of shade and choice of sun. The coldest is about 8 degrees, at night, mid winter. It will be cool under the trees, because most the year it is over 25 degrees.
At the moment the rabbit enclosure is sand, grass wont grow well because of the shade. They can dig down but wont get through the walls on each side. What do you recommend I put on the floor?
Many thanks,
Brigitte

Welcome to RabbitTalk. Enjoy the forum. Got some pics?

Aloha Brigitte,

Do they need a floor? Perhaps you could put a layer of banana leaf, although they might eat it. Which wouldn't hurt them. We feed banana leaves to the buns sometimes but not all of them like the taste.

If it's too shady, can you grow things that like shade that bunnies can eat? Mint, nasturtiums, things like that?

Back