New member! (and new breeder)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyla

Reaction score
Hi there, I'll go by Hyla online, I'm located in the U.S and within the past year I've dipped into rabbit breeding! I had a friend growing up whose family bred show angoras, lops and rexes. I've always been interested in breeding/genetics and used to breed crested geckos and leopard geckos as a hobby. A breeder in the area who was retiring from it had some of her rabbits for sale and I took the opportunity and got 3 pedigreed mini rexes. I currently have 8 rabbits, 3 of which were actually born 2 days ago (accidental litter) the 3 I got from the breeder consisted of a rew buck, a black otter doe who has been shown before, and an almost perfect lynx buck. I bred the doe to the rew buck and ended up with a castor and a rew. They were born in March so I planned on giving her until June/July till I bred her again just to give her some chill time. I planned on breeding her to the lynx this time but the male rew escaped from his area and impregnated her, and the 3 babies look like 2 broken black otters & a rew so far. The buck's father was a broken black otter. These are the 2 babies from march, seems like they're both girls :) Snapchat-2113556423.jpgSnapchat-661918481.jpg

Latest posts

Back