New form

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenna-Bun

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was wandering if there are any forms that you no of that have NOTHING to do with meat rabbits.
Thank you.

ps not saying that this form is not good :alien:

You might want to look at pet rabbit groups on social media or binkybunny I think is pet only.

However IME there is far more valuable information to be learned on the forums and sites that also allow for the discussion of breeding and rabbits as livestock. Especially when it comes to health and diet.

I know it's hard when people talk about eating animals you keep as pets. I myself am a vegetarian because I don't like the thought of eating ANY animal (especially cows and pigs). I have had indoor house bunnies ever since I was a kid and especially found the idea of eating them to be terrible, but I learned to steel myself and avoid certain threads and I learned a lot lot more about rabbit care than I would have otherwise.

And unfortunately, there came a time in my life where I had to look at rabbits as something besides a pet (My dog needs a very specialized diet and cant have beef/pork/chicken/fish. Without it he will basically die :( ) and I am so very grateful for this forum and others like it for the information they put out there on sane rabbit care!

But I digress.

Best of luck to you finding an internet "home" where you feel comfortable!

BTW, this forum isn't just about meat rabbits, it's about all rabbits and all aspects related to rabbits. Here it's just way more hands on experience.

Social media things like this facebook sure are an option for you, can't help there much because that's not my thing. I would start by looking up that youtube bunny, Lennon, and see if there is a facebook or whatever account linked, and look around there. There are quite some pet rabbit groups out there.

Rabbitsonline is not an option for Jenna/Bunbun anymore due to stuff that happened, not without starting from scratch and holding back a little :). Can't tell if talking to the moderaters would help, not sure what exactly angered them, but I guess it has to do with the fact that forums are something different than other social media, it's not so short lived and so on. Might be worth a try though. It sure is the board with a lot of young pet bunny people.
Btw, are you two one person with two accounts? Some things like answering instead of the other or the same typos are a little confusing at times.

Last edited:
Actually, it's a lot easier to find pet bunny only sites and pet bunny only forums than it is to find forums that are for meat rabbit folks or even allow the idea that rabbits are tasty. Try the House Rabbit Society folks, they're actually a touch whacked (IMHO) about what bunnies need, but they're very much not into meat buns.

On this site, there's lots of sub-forums which have nothing to do with meat buns, so perhaps being selective on this site may suit you? However, I find the meat bun folks to have a much wider knowledge base on health and breeding than the non-meat bun folks. The buns here are for fiber so we can make Hula Bunny yarn and things have vastly improved by using meat bun techniques for breeding, health and maintenance.

Back