New dog beagle healer mix

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joybellfarm

Reaction score
So hubby had a mix like these growing up and he said she was the best and always wanted another. Well someone was giving away a 5 month old boy named Peanut. So guess what he went and got him lol. Im a little nervous if he will settle into farm life. We have goats, rabbits and soon chickens. And a toy chi Mr Crumb. And so far Mr Crumb hates him :( I hope all goes well as im falling for peanut as are the kids. But in the long run its up to the dogs to make friends and he needs to mind and learn to leave the goats alone. Ive never been around a pure beagle or healer. But i think he has the healers temperament as he seems smart and willing to learn new rules.

__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:07 am __________

will add pic later having problems with the download err<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 am __________<br /><br />Finally here he is..

Attachments

• IMG_4395.JPG
    IMG_4395.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 4,428
So cute! Hound puppies are just the most adorable dogs ever!

I've had a couple hounds over the years and most of them would do anything for food so were easy to train. My current beagle is a terrific agility dog, does search and resuce and is safe off leash as she has a near perfect recall, as long as she knows I have a hot dog in my pocket ;)

My moms heeler is pretty worry free but has his quirks. He's a terrible barker, must be muzzled for nail trims and if he is frightened by something there is no calming him down.

Are you sure about the blue heeler part? He looks very houndish, could he be blue tick?

Anyway, what a doll and I hope he works out.

I told hubby he does not look like that mixed he seems to have longer ears then i would have thought but idk. The people we got him from said thats what he is mixed with. As long as he stay smaller.And he is a good boy i dont care. He does not have a hound bark.<br /><br />__________ Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am __________<br /><br />Here is a clear pic of him lol. Sleeping. Need to get him neutered. He keeps wining and scratching me after i tell him no he humps himself a few mins then settles down. Kindof makes me wounder what they did with him yuck :shock: Maybe he is going thew a stage dont know. Bad thing is he is 5 months they say and i see no balls. So idk hope there not staying up. already got 1 dog like that. Im waiting tell this spring to see if his drop before we fix him.

Attachments

• 1391482_1428107754077091_797334067_n.jpg
    1391482_1428107754077091_797334067_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4,416
He's got some monster feet, I think he still has some growing to do.

Dogs, especially young ones, can suck their testes up if they are cold or nervous so just keep an eye out.

he humps himself a few mins then settles down.
A submissive dog will do this to comfort themselves. He's just a young teen so pretty confused about his hormones right now plus he is in a strange new place and unsure of himself.

So adorable. :) Sort of have a mild aversion to Beagles because when I was a young kid the parents had one and my inability to see it as more than a stuffed animal ended with it biting my face. XD Oh well. My fault, but can't help that childish feeling coming out of nowhere. But my uncle has a few Foxhound mixes and they're lovely dogs and I've yet to meet a bad heeler. Good luck with the little man!

He is down right precious! Congrats on the new pup.

Heelers are extremely intelligent dogs, my eldest is a Heeler/Golden mix (that is ironically black) and she is too smart for her own good.
I think the first dog that bit me was either a beagle or a basset hound,can't remember which, I'd never blame the dog either way though. I've always loved the humorous personalities of hounds, and their super deep howls (useful for keeping away coyotes).

Latest posts

Back