New Bunny Pics! ID help? *UPDATE - NEW PICS*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Today, a lady brought two rabbits to my beloved Shay at his office. If I understand correctly, they decided that they had enough other kinds of pets already, and the rabbits were the most recent addition, so they decided to find a new home for them. :) They found out we had rabbits, and Shay told them that we had a spot for another meat brood doe, so they knew exactly what kind of home they were sending the rabbits to, and they were assured that we wouldn't send these bunnies to the stewpot. :)

Actually, we thought they were bringing one rabbit, until a couple of days ago when the lady added an "s" to the end of the rabbit they were bringing. :p

Thankfully, they had been housed together, so we were able to put them together in a nice, spacious doe cage. :D I think this will work out well at least for now. Shay was told that the larger doe would corner the smaller one sometimes, but I think that maybe they're in a larger cage now, and maybe that won't be an issue.

Here they are:

Fluffy, who appears to be a New Zealand White. She's 8 months old, and 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Nice, round, broad shoulders and even broader hips, big head and big ears. She's a real sweetie, who loves being petted.

image.php

image.php

Nibbles, who is a Dwarf Something-or-other. She's 6 months old, and 3 pounds, 3 ounces. She's a really little thing, very cute and terribly loving. She's black with what looked to be some silver tips on her guard hairs.

image.php

image.php

Sorry about the low quality pics, especially of Nibbles. The sun was low, and it was my cellphone camera. But does anyone have any idea what they are? And what do you think of them? :)

Heheheeee..The locals will start calling you "the bunny lady" pretty soon ;)

I think you're right about Fluffy, and she's very nice looking. 8months and 7#11oz is a fair size.
Nibbles is just a little sweetie! :D No clue what she might be though.

Anntann":4cq24dhl said:
Heheheeee..The locals will start calling you "the bunny lady" pretty soon ;)
:lol:

Thank you for the info on her size... I was wondering how that worked out with her age. :)

curlysue":4cq24dhl said:
The black one looks like a newzealand mix.
Is that possible with her being only a little over 3 pounds? I guess if you mix a NZ with a dwarf, maybe it is?

I got some better pics!

Nibbles:

image.php

image.php

image.php

Fluffy:

image.php

image.php

image.php

Nose rub? Please?

image.php

Just LOOK at those nice wide hips on Fluffy :D She shouldn't have any problems kindling. I love a female animal with good space in the hips...makes life SO much easier.

Nibbles is just ADORABLE! Yup. you scored BIGtime with these two :)

That's awesome! Nibbles is adorable and Fluffy is a nice looking doe!

cute buns.

Nibbles (small blackish one) looks like a mutt of some sort. (I know, real helpful eh?) see lots of that at the local auction...often dwarf crossed with random other rabbit - often a mini rex but not always). I'd be tempted to breed her to a smallish meat buck just to see what occurs out of that. But unless keeping for a pet, probably wouldn't in the long run. The other I'd be tempted to breed as soon as she got out of quarantine. :)

Thanks!! :) We're really excited about them!

That's alright that it isn't clear what Nibbles is. I was hoping somebody might say, "Oh, yeah, she's a ______." But it wasn't that important; the important thing is that she's cute and cuddly. :cute:

I was looking at those wide hips on Fluffy! I figured that couldn't be a bad thing. She's pretty thick through the shoulders, too, so maybe more meat than average up there. :razz: I will indeed be breeding her in about six weeks. Should be pretty entertaining watching 5 lb 8 oz Pinto wrangle a 7 lb 11 oz (or more by then) doe! :lol:

Latest posts

Back