Nestbox full o' popples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang it .. I hate those sudden everything seemed fine losses :(

had a doe rallying last week - thought I was going to lose her more than once the week before but all seemed good - nursed her through - then BAMOO

sorry for your loss

makes you wonder sometimes eh? perfectly healthy animal that up and dies on you...sometimes you just can't figure it.

"they only do it to annoy, because they know it teases". :evil:

I think that about sums it up. Sigh.

Ah well, two nestboxes full of popples! :D

I had a good look at everyone this morning. Nine kits in the first litter (plus one dead at birth) and five in the second litter. So, I've fostered two into the smaller litter and they both have seven. Nice size for good growth. :)

They're back out with the mommas this morning. I'll check on them when I go out to milk goats in an hour or so, and see if they're staying warm. I'm hoping I only need to bring them in for one more night, before it warms up a bit. Then, when it gets cold again (next week :| ), they should be old enough and have a bit of fur.

glad everybunny did ok through the night and two batches of 7 does sound about perfect ;)

Glad the kits are doing well in this cold, HCF. Evening up the litters was a particularly good move in this weather.

Sorry to hear you lost your lionhead buck. I hate those sudden bunny deaths. They don't even give you a chance to fix the problem. :(

Yeah, he was a nice little buck. The PBPs had him over for dinner last night - at least he didn't go to waste.

It's nice when the does cooperate and have their litters close together. I always try to breed two does on the same day, but it doesn't always work - or they both have eleven kits. :shock:

I've left them out there for the day - they seemed nice and toasty around 11 am.

Back