Needing Rabbit Chili recipies!!! *Updated after cook-off*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
So I have been volunteered to be in a Chili cook-off for my college club(all in fun of coarse), and since someone is making a chicken chili, I decided to get unique too. The thing is, I have never made chili let alone rabbit chili, so if y'all are willing to share your recepies I'm all ears!! I am probably going to take bits an pieces of recipes I think are interested so I can make my own version, I just need somewhere to start. Thanks in advance!!!

Are you making red or green chili? I make pork green chili and have used rabbit instead of pork. Made it a couple times for hopper sloppers and it's pretty good.

Here you go Tea Time. I like it HOT but most people can't take what I think is getting warm so control the heat level with the peppers you use. For just me I use all Pueblo Chili or Hot Anaheim but then I have to eat it all by myself. :roll: For a little spice I use 2 qt. bags frozen Mild Anaheim and 1pt. Hot or Pueblo Chili, roasted and pealed peppers. I suppose you could use canned but I live in pepper paradise and roast and freeze 3 or 4 bushels a year. Most times I double everything for freezer food and it works fine.

View attachment Green Chile.pdf

:dinner:

Thank you Homer!!!!

__________ Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:40 pm __________

Well it looks more like red chili, but it still tastes good. Thank you again Homer for the recipe!! I followed the recipe the best I could for my location, so I still have an individualized chili too. Also, a suggestion simply because I experimented with it and like it, try adding some lime juice in it. It gives an extra tangy kick to it (or as my hubby says "it's like I was punched in the face with flavor" :lol: )

__________ Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:42 pm __________

I just realized I forgot to add the picture <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:05 pm __________ <br /><br /> I won the cook-off with my chili!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180209_174228.jpg
    IMG_20180209_174228.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 2,072

Latest posts

Back